Wednesday 16 May 2012

Hanky Panky

During our antenatal course the one question (usually in men’s heads) that always ends up being asked is “When can we have sex again after the baby is born?” Of course I always answer “at least 6 months if not longer!” After watching the colour drain from the men’s faces and an ever so quiet ‘woohoo’ whisper come from the women I own up and tell them that’s just what I told my husband (sorry darling).

But seriously when is it ok to get back in the sack again? Well between catching up on sleep, eating, showering, cleaning, cooking and a screaming, unsettled, pooing, weeing, demanding, burping, windy, ever so precious (I really had to put that in) newborn, there just never seems enough time. The ever so wise words, "whenever you’re ready" (which I might add is very good advice) is all well and good but there are so many other factors to consider...

"when did bub last feed"? "When is she due to feed again? Geez when did I last have a shower? OMG look at the hairs on my legs not to mention the bikini line I’ve not seen in a while! Is this going to hurt? Is it going to be the same? Darn, I just remembered I put child no 2 in our bed to go to sleep…great, I guess the spare bed it is then. Hmmm I best move all the unfolded washing onto the floor then…ok, I’m ready…or maybe not, she’s awake :-), oh I mean :-(!"

The fact is each beautiful addition to your lives brings new interruptions. Take the opportunities whenever they arise (be they ever so quick…I’m sure he won’t mind!) Remember to enjoy each other’s company when you can and always take the time for each other.

Bec xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment