Wednesday 23 May 2012

No Mummy........cuddle?

Don’t get me wrong,  I love being a mum – and some days are filled to the brim with laughs and silliness and fun….but some days just aren’t.

The other day was one of those, my toddler was being a near 2 year old, and my baby just would not sleep.  By midday I was at breaking point and after the bottom pats trying to get my baby to sleep clocked up to over 500 I lost it.  I walked outside, sat on the step, covered my face, and burst into tears.
I was totally immersed in my feelings of hopelessness until I felt two chubby little hands grab mine and pull them away.  I looked up to see the very confused face of my toddler staring at me. 

Very matter of factly he announced ‘No mummy’, then threw his arms wide and said ‘cuddle’.
And with that, we all got through another day.Thank you to our guest blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment