Friday 18 May 2012

Husband of the year?

Or should I say Mari de l’annee?
I recently dropped some hints about how I would love a good girly magazine subscription to my husband.  These luxuries are few and far between in our household now, and while it will be sometime before my days call for much else than a pair of jeans and flats, I do still love to pour over the pages of a good fashion magazine and reminisce of times of carefree clothes spending and dressing up for Friday nights.
Husband picked up on the hint and proudly announced one evening that he ‘possibly was husband of the year’ and had ordered me a magazine subscription.  I was thrilled.  He was unsure of the title he ordered but confirmed it was definitely ‘some fashion, girls thing’.  Perfect.
I waited patiently and excitedly for some weeks for the parcel to arrive…my enthusiasm soon quashed when it finally did.  Below are issues 1 and 2 received…..


I don’t mean to be ungrateful, however (if I need to clarify), I don’t speak…or in fact read any French.
Lesson learnt – subtle hints apparently leave far too much open for interpretation - best to be completely overt and absolutely specific…or probably better, just do it yourself.
Post by Guest blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment