Thursday 12 April 2012

Two of the best.

They are both going to strangle me for putting this up here but I am sure there are those of you who will agree whole heartedly that these are two of the best midwives around.  Yes I probably am biased but having worked with them both for a number of years, I see the complete dedication that both Ros and Liz have for their passion - midwifery, women and birth.

I can't tell you the number of times they have changed their plans or even missed family events, after school activities, grandparent days, weddings, birthdays and school performances, not just for births but to go to the women who need them for a myriad of reasons.  Their job is a completely selfless and one I am fairly sure I could not do.  Midwifery definitely runs through their veins.


Actually being biased again, My Midwives are fortunate enough to have EIGHT of the best midwives!
  
Were you fortunate enough to have a midwife who you would consider to be one of the best?

4 comments:

  1. definately, big love and cuddles to Liz who will always be a very special part of my life at a time I REALLY needed her xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lettica Buckley12 April 2012 at 20:07

    Liz is the most amazing caring women who has guided me through 2 births now the last one being a major long haul but she was there all the way from start to finish. No words can ever describe the love i have for her and the credit i give to her for the dedication she has for the job and the amazing job she does with each and every one of her women <3 <3 Oh and a special mention to Roz also in my last birth she gave me the best thing ever after hours and hours of labour all i wanted was a hydralyte iceblock and she gave me one that is something i wil never forget and made everything so much better. Everyone deserves to have the care from these midwives as they make the birthing experience a memorable one and makes it all so much more relaxing and you feel so much more at ease knowing that you have someone there who knows want you want and can advocate for you and will respect your wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll never forget Ros, she birthed our little Hannah on Christmas day in 09..She was so excited about a Christmas day baby and understandably I was not thrilled, however she was so happy to spend her christmas morning with us, which I thought was pretty special! xo Look out when we decide to have another one Ros, I will be hunting you down!!

    Melissa McCallum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I was lucky enough to have both of these women with me the day my little Zarah was born, and it was such an amazing experience because I had them both by my side all the way. Zarah just turned one on Tuesday and I will never forget the day she was born for the rest of my life, or either of these beautiful women. Thank you to you both for being such an amazing inspiration and for all your help and support to women in Toowoomba and surrounds. An experience I would do again should the opportunity arise in the future, if so, look out Ros. :) xo
    Cassie Tape xoxox

    ReplyDelete